BY JILL WOOLFORD

Monday 18 January 2010

weigh day

its day 7 and that means weigh day! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! i completely dreaded this and after having given in and enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine yesterday, i really thought i was going to be disappointed! i have set up my own profile on my wii fit and it has taken my weight, my bmi and announced that i was clinically obese! the little mii on the screen blew up and wobbled across the screen during this announcement and although i should have been rather upset. i burst out laughing!

so i hold my breath get out the console and turn on the computer. i step up onto the board and it takes my measurements. it only takes seconds but it felt like hours! yes i know that sounds a little on the dramatic side, but i really have been trying so hard this week and i was desperate to see whether my efforts had paid off. i haven't done as much exercise as i should have, but the healthy eating has been a major priority and i have been very carefully counting calories. i have started a diary and everything that goes in my mouth goes in that diary. it means i can keep an eye on what i have eaten and lets me know whether i am on course for the day.

from tomorrow i will be going on a power walk/run almost every day at 12pm. if you want a good laugh come to stafford common at around that time and you will more than likely be able to see me doing laps round the field. my next door neighbour wants to have a go on the wii and imogen goes down for her nap at approximately 12pm. this means my neighbour can use the wii for and hour while at the same time keeping an eye on a snoozing imogen. this will leave me free to get my wobbly butt to the common. of course if you live in stafford and have the time, you could always join me and instead of laughing you could race me round the field. these things are always more fun in groups.

this daily power walk also means that i will be putting in training for the night walk in manchester. it is happening in april and is being run in aid of cancer awareness. anyone who wishes to join me to help raise money for this cause should go the website i have posted below.

http://shine.cancerresearchuk.org/?

&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=Shine&utm_term=walk_shineHome - Cancer Research UK - ShineHome - Cancer Research UK - Shine
shine.cancerresearchuk.org

Join hundreds of people walking a full or half marathon to support Cancer Research UK. Experience this unique night-time event at Manchester Shine 2010


so back to my results, i managed in one week, wait for it, to loose . . . . . 3lbs! yey me! apparently that is about the right amount to loose per week, as if you loose consistent small amounts the weight is more likely to stay off. lets just hope i can keep it up. feeling happy happy happy!

No comments: