BY JILL WOOLFORD

Thursday 14 January 2010

day 3

well its the end of day three and having a rest from my daughter for a couple of hours this afternoon, i went back to bed and had some much needed sleep. julie you are a star! after this i began a new veggie soup without the chopped tomatoes, i just could not stand the taste and it was just going to go off standing in the pot for days. instead i have a new and improved version that i have made up myself and i may be floating my own boat here but it is rather damned nice thank you very much.

i have not really done much exercise today after a rather awful night with a grumpy baby that would only sleep if i was cuddling her. she has never been a particularly cuddly baby so this did come as somewhat of a surprise. finally i did manage to get her in her cot only to be greeted by the resounding snore of my partner! nope sleep was obviously not allowed! the extra nap i got this afternoon boosted my energy levels however and i intend to use my abdominal cradle thingy-me-jig and get to work on toning my tummy. yes you see, my tummy is going to be wonderfully toned relatively soon. oh yes it will. of course it is still protected by a layer of belly bulge at the moment but that is going to be a thing of the past in a few months. well it better be! all this calorie counting is hurting my brain! i never was much good at maths!

i am using the internet to figure out what calories are in different types of food and of course 'slices' and 'portions' can differ, so when it comes to calculating my meals i think it is rather approximate. but hey at least im having a go.

my meals for today:

breakfast: 1 cup of tea, 2 slices of wholemeal toast
lunch: 1 small pork chop, boiled rice, cauliflower/broccoli florets
dinner: 2 slices of roast chicken, 1 medium boiled potato, portion of peas/carrots

calories consumed approximately: 911

No comments: